Scierra SRX V2 Fly Rod 9,6ft #6.
Really powerful fly rods designed for still water trout fishing. The rods in this series are made to handle big flies, heavy winds, sinking lines, long casts and sometimes thin tippets and they do it with style. The SRX rods are designed in cooperation with our British Pro Staff members, used for competitive reservoir fly fishing. In short, these rods are true beasts, infused with a surprising amount of delicacy surfacing every time you need to land big fish on thin lines.
- Medium/fast action rod;
- Flex profile 3/4;
- Fast recovery times, unbroken bending curves;
- Built on 40T Japanese carbon material;
- High quality Portuguese cork;
- Quality aluminum reel seat;
- Quality saltwater resistant stripping and snake guides;
- Supplied in cloth bag and quality cordura tube, with shoulder strap and carry handle;
- Full wells handles with fighting butts;
- Rod sections: 4;
- Transport length: 76cm;
- Rod weight: 125g;
- Recommended line weight: 13-15g.
Recommended Fly Rod by Trout Fisherman Magazine:
- Quite slim blanks and quality rings and fittings with minimal filler on the cork handles.
- This rod does have a deeper action than I’m used to, but that’s OK because everything worked.
- I could lean hard into the rod to get the very last bit out of it, letting the blank do its job without
- It’s just as accomplished at overhead and double haul as it is for continuous motion casts such as
switch and roll so it is very versatile.
- Accuracy and presentation at short and medium range is about pin-perfect and ideal when targeting rising fish.
- It’s also no slouch at range and holds its own even with a range of sinking densities.
- The rod performed exceptionally well and it coped admirably with everything I threw it at from flat calms to head on winds.
- I like the low flash ‘stealth’ matt grey finish to the blank.